2017 Summer Intensive Auditions
March 5th and March 12th, 2017
The Summer Intensive is a unique opportunity for students ages 9 to adult interested in a focused, comprehensive training program to make technical progress in classical ballet and contemporary dance forms, and repertoire. Classes, led by Ballet Theatre of Maryland’s faculty and guest instructors, feature technique courses, acting seminars, choreography, and mini-workshops. The goal of the Summer Intensive is to further students’ dance technique and artistry, creating well-rounded dancers and individuals.
To Audition in Person before or after March 12:
• Contact the BTM office to request an audition.
• Complete the registration and include $25 audition fee.
• Bring or wear the appropriate dance clothing (black leotard, pink tights required for Summer Intensive auditions).
• Résumé, headshot, and full body shot in first arabesque are required for Choreographic Institute auditions (optional for SI).
• Be prepared to take a ballet technique class—pointe and partnering for boys 16-years and up.
• Additional contemporary work and repertoire will be given in the advance and pre-professional levels.
To Audition Via Video:
Videotaped auditions will be accepted for summer intensive students only if the dancer lives 150 miles or more from the audition site, however, consideration will be given first to those attending auditions in person. Company, Trainee and Apprentice auditionees may submit a tape in advance of their in-person audition. All video auditions must be received by BTM's office by March 12, 2017 for consideration. Youtube or other video links are accepted. Note: Company auditioners must meet the Artistic Director in person in all cases.
Video requirements for lower level students (Adv. Beginner - Intermediate levels):
30 minutes of class work including: barre, adagio, small turns, big turns, small jumps, big jumps, on pointe (if applicable).
Video requirements for upper level students (Adv. Intermed. - Company levels):
15-20 minutes of class work including: barre, adagio, small turns, big turns, small jumps, big jumps, on pointe (female), and a classical and contemporary solo.
Send audition information to Dianna Cuatto, Artistic Director.
or mail to:
Ballet Theatre of Maryland
attn: Auditions 2017
1981 Moreland Parkway
Bldg 4A, Bay 4
Annapolis, MD 21401
For more information on BTM's Summer Intensive, Click Here, or contact BTM’s office at email@example.com or call 410-224-5644.